Community Event Volunteers Needed
IWe need volunteers for a community event on October 7th. Location will be disclosed to volunteers after signup. SIGN UP to help and indicate if you are a member of the Wake NC chapter. Email any questions that you may have to [email protected]
WCPSS Work Session and Board Meeting
Every first and third Tuesday, the WCPSS board meets to discuss the business of the school system. The next meetings will be October 3rd and 17th.
This Tuesday will be the new WCPSS Superintendent, Dr. Robert Taylor, first board meeting. Please attend and wear your Moms for Liberty shirt or hat. The work session begins at 3:30 and the board meeting begins at 5:30. If you would like to sign up for PUBLIC COMMENT, sign up on Tuesday October 3rd from 11:30am-4pm (online only). The link will be on the page when sign up is available.
WCPSS Work Session at 3:30pm, Tuesday October 3
View the agenda HERE and you can see the attachments to be discussed. Its all about equity. Remember that equity (equal outcome) is NOT the same as equality (equal chance).
- Strategic Plan Update
- Equity Framework
- Policy 2310, Public Participation at Board Meetings -Discussion
WCPSS Board Meeting at 5:30pm, Tuesday October 3
View the agenda HERE and you can see the attachments to be discussed.
- First Comment by Superintendent Dr. Robert Taylor
- School Heath Advisory Annual Report
- Public Comment
- Consent Items – These are items to be voted on for approval
- Includes contract approvals, grant approvals, BAC nominations, etc
- Policy 6327 0 Walking to school is expected to be adopted. This is a new policy.
- Policy 6560 Disposal of surplus property is expected to be adopted. This is a new policy.
- There are no discussion items
- Closed session
Board Advisory Council Meetings
Each WCPSS board member is to have at least one Board Advisory Council Meeting (BAC) each quarter. This is where school board represenatives meet with advisors from each school in their disctrict. BAC meetings are open to the public.
- District 6 - Sam Hershey - Monday, Oct 2 at noon at Millbrook Elementary
- District 9 - Tyler Swanson - Tuesday, Oct 10 at 6pm at Farmington Woods Elementary
- District 1 – Cheryl Caulfield Hershey - Tuesday, 10/10 WCPSS D1 @ 6pm (Rolesville Middle)
- District 2 – Monika Johnson-Hostler - Wednesday, 10/18 @ 6pm (Willow Springs Elementary)
- District 4 - Tara Waters - Thursday, Oct 26, Time and locatroin TBD
What is going on with your Child’s school?
WCPSS is a very large system. Did your school celebrate Constitution Day? Have you seen things that you think are not appropriate for children? Do you have an issue and are not sure what to do? Or better yet, is your school doing something great that you would like to see more of? Email us at [email protected]
WCPSS and Board Members
WCPSS has 9 school board districts. Your district’s representative is based on where you reside (not where your child’s school is). This is why it is recommended when you email the board to email your representative and copy the other 8.
Links and References
- Agendas Meetings: WCPSS > About Us > School Board > scroll to the bottom of the page, in a pink box.
- YouTube: all board meetings, work sessions and committee meetings can be VIEWED ONLINE.
- Policies: WCPSS > About Us > School Board > scroll to the bottom of the page, in a pink box.
- Submitting a Public Info Request: WCPSS > About Us > Contact Us > Request Public Record.